China Visa News Center


72-hour visa-free transit (from Jan. 1, 2013)

The Foreigner Entry-Exit Administration Regulations (from Sep. 1, 2013)

Chinese Immigration Law (from July 1, 2013)

[News] updated on Dec. 22, 2017 - Foreigners who don't have bachelor degree certificates (or above) but do fulfill the following requirements can apply for China Residence Permits for work now. So do foreigners more than 60 years old.

1. ages between 26-45 years old, with more than 10 years work experience, will be employed as senior managers
2. ages between 46-55 years old, with more than 15 years work experience, will be employed as senior managers
3. ages more than 60 years old, with bachelor degree certificate (or above), will be employed as senior managers

[News] updated on Mar. 29, 2017 - NO Z visa invitation letters are required any longer. When you apply for a Z visa at the Chinese embassy/ consulate, you can carry the Notification Letter of Work Permit, a copy of the company's business license and an official letter from the company.

[News] updated on Mar. 28, 2017 - From April 1, 2017 on, Alien Employees need to extend their Alien Employment Permits at least 30 days before the expiration dates. If you don't do so, the extension application will be locked. You have to go through some complicated procedure to unlock it. The worst is that the extension is delayed and you have to re-apply for the work visa from the first beginning. Do extend your Alien Employment Permit within the period of 30-60 days before the expiration date.

[News] updated on Mar. 3, 2017 - 3-month Residence Permits for work are available now. Only easy documents are required. Please contact us for more details.

[New] updated on Nov. 2, 2016 - From Dec. 1, 2016 on, when applying for the Foreign Work License, bachelor or master degree certificates and no-criminal record certificates are subject to notarization and accreditation. The foreign applicants had better settle down the two documents before they come to China.

[News] From Oct. 1, 2016 on,when applying for Alien Employment Permits and Foreign Expert Certificates, only 1 system will be officially used. Foreign applicant will have his/her unique unchanged number during his/her future work time in China, whatever he/she works for the company or the university. During the transition period from Oct. 1, 2016 to March 31, 2017, Beijing, Tianjin, Hebei province, Shanghai, Anhui province, Guangdong province, Sichun province, Ningxia province will carry out the new policy. After the transition period, all around China the new Foreign Work Licenses and Foreign Work Permits will be issued.

[News] China work visas can be obtained without your leaving for HongKong or your home countries. Before you have to go to HongKong or your home countries to apply for Z visas. Then come back to Beijing to get the final residence permits for work. - updated on July 15, 2016.

[News] From Jan. 1, 2016 on, all companies who would like to hire foreigners need to use digital devices to register on line through Beijing Labor Bureau system. The application forms can be completely printed out after filling-in the forms on line.

[News] Qingdao, the coastal city in the Shandong province, become the 16th city that enjoys the 72-hour visa-free transit policy for foreigners from 51 countries. (updated on Nov. 16, 2015). For more details, please refer to the following link.

[News] Invitation letters for 6-month or 1-year multiple-entry M business visas are available. The longest duration of each stay can be 90 days. For more details, please click M business visa invitation letter.

[News] When applying for a China visa in HongKong, ONLY 4-day service is available if you are the passport holder of the 17 countries, which are Austria, Belgium, Czech, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portual, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, France. At the moment, there are NO same-day service and 2-day service available. Updated on Aug. 18, 2014.

[News] From March 1, 2014 on, annual check system of the company's business license is terminated. It is a big improvement, as before you had to queue up and pay to only have the authority to stamp on your business license. You had to do it annually by visiting the authority - Administration Bureau of Industry and Commerce. The new replaced system tends to keep the public informed.

[News] Till Jan. 1, 2014, Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Chengdu, Chongqing, Shenyang and Dalian have 72-hour visa-free services in place. For more details, please click 72-hour visa free policy.

[News] From Sep. 2013 on, if family members of foreign employees' or foreign students want to apply for residence permits, marriage certificates or birth certificates issued out of China are subject to notarization and accreditation.

[News] On July 23, 2013, the state council proclaimed the Foreigner Entry-Exit Administration Regulations, which will become effective on Sep. 1, 2013. It is the biggest news after the new China Immigration Law took into effect on July 1, 2013. The previous regulations published in the year of 1986 will be terminated simultaneously. We highlight the changes here.

[News] From July 1, 2013, the new Chinese Immigration Law takes into effect. We compare the old law and the new one. We summarize the changes on the Chinese Immigration Law here.

[News] From January 1, 2013, Beijing offers 72-hour visa-free transit for foreign visitors with third-country visas and transit at Beijing. For details, please click 72-hour visa free policy.

[News] From Jan. 1, 2011, to apply for China F visa invitation letters, foreign applicants need to provide extra incumbency certification. And this certification has to be translated into Chinese.

[News] BEIJING - Starting from June, 2010, foreigners who have close relatives in China will be able to apply for residence permits that are valid for up to two years with multiple entries. Before they can only apply for up to 1 year visiting-relative L visas. For more details, please click here.

[News] If you are a lawyer who work officially in China and want to apply for a Z visa in HK, you'd better avoid the trip recently. It is reported that there are some refusal cases due to the communication problems among HK visa office, the authority in China mainland who issue Z visa notification letters, i.e. Bureau of Commerce and Bureau of Justice. - May 20, 2010

[News] For French citizens only
From May, 2010 on, it was reported frequently that French passport holders encounter numerous difficulties to get China visas in Hong Kong, whatever Z, L or F visa. It seems in France there are no problems to get China visas. In Beijing, it remains as usual. Here comes our suggestion for French: avoid the recent visa trip to HK until it becomes better.


Something you maybe need to know
Travel with both pasassports
Child born in China faces dual nationality conflict

Travel with both passports
In case you need to apply for a new passport as the old one is going to expire soon or there are almost no blank pages or the passport is damaged, how to deal with your current valid China visa?
If you are in your home country to apply for a new passport and the Chinese visa is still valid when you plan to come back to China, you DON'T need to re-apply for a new visa. You can use both passports to travel, with the valid visa on the invalid old passport (holes punched or edge cut) and the entry stamp made on the new passport. You should NOT apply for a new visa if your current Residence permit for work is still valid and you will still work for the company. When you come back to China, please do in turn within 10 days to change the information on the Alien Employment Permit and transfer the residence permit to the new passport in the local authorities with necessary documents provided.
If you are in China mainland to apply for a new passport and your current visa is a residence permit for work, after you get your new passport, please do in turn to change your information on Alien Employment Permit and transfer the residence permit to the new passport within 10 days. If your current visa is an F visa or L visa, you don't need to do so. Just carry the two passports to travel.

Child born in China faces dual nationality conflict
In China, dual nationalities including Chinese nationality are not accepted.
Nowadays, many foreigners marry Chinese and stay in China. Their children will face the problem of dual nationality conflict. According to Chinese laws, if one of the parents is Chinese and the child is born in China, the child is considered as a Chinese. And many parents prefer the foreign nationality instead. How to deal with it?
You can register the child at your embassy and get the passport for him/her. Don't worry about the fact that there is no valid stay permit. Only when you want to take him/her to leave China mainland need you to do nationality validation and apply for exit permit for him/her. You can do it at the local Exit & Entry Division of Public Security Bureau. The exit permit is 3 month valid. When you are in your home country, you can apply for a China visa for your child when you both want to come back to China.
Some parents take the other way - keep Chinese nationality before he/she is 18 years old. Then do the hukou cancellation and Chinese nationality renouncement and take the foreign nationality.




Copyright ©2005-2018 Beijing Leeo Consulting Service Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.

Tel:0086-10-6592 4496 Mobile: 136 4117 2117  姥宛催:奨ICP姥07007506催